Hello and thank you for downloading the Display Mockup Creator.
To get started, open the PSD in Adobe Photoshop.
The general file is based around the smart-layers, found in the ‘Screenshots’ folder. Any changes you make to the screenshots in any of those 11 layers, will be reflected throughout the whole PSD. To edit the screenshots, double click on one of the layer thumbnails in the layers palette, which will bring open a new file window. Paste in your screenshot and transform it accordingly. Once you hit save, you can close the document and see your new changes.
Depending on which screenshot you edited will depend on which devices have changed:
– Screenshot (Desktop): Covers the Two Samsung, One Acer, and Two iMac.
– Screenshot (Macbook): Covers the Three Macbook Pro.
– Screenshot (iPad Portrait): Covers Six variations of the iPad in portrait view
– Screenshot (iPad Landscape): Covers Two variations in the iPad in landscape view
– Screenshot (Phone Portrait): Covers Nine variations of the iPhone in portrait view
– Screenshot (Watch): Covers the Seven iWatch
– Screenshot (Poster Portrait): Cover the One Poster in portrait view.
– Screenshot (Poster Landscape): Cover the One Poster in landscape view.
– Screenshot (Wacom Cintiq): Covers Three variations of the Wacom Cintiq view.
– Screenshot (Photo Frame): Covers Two variations in the Photo Frame portrait view.
– Screenshot (Background): Covers the Wallpaper Background view.
Of course, this comes in handy when you are wanting to display different content on different types of devices (for example, responsive layouts).
The first folder, ‘Examples’ contains 11 examples that have been created for you. You can simply copy and paste these into your project, or move them around to your liking first, cycling through each example to find the one you like the best.
The ‘Mockups’ folder contains all original devices. If you don’t like the look of any of the examples, all of the devices that were made for this PSD have been put into that folder – so there should be something that you like.
Combining the mockups should provide a suitable method of displaying your showcase. The mockup sizes should be more than adequate for digital display.
Is it possible to have multiple designs on copies of the same device?
Of course. Simply select the screenshot layer in the device folder that you want to replace, and delete it. Paste in your new screenshot, and click Layer > Create Clipping Mask. This will allow you to (for example), have 5 iPhones, each with different backgrounds.
To see more of our work, please visit https://www.cyoam.com/works/